To keep abreast of the regulatory landscape, our public affairs team publishes regular updates on regulatory topics being prepared and already issued with in-depth analysis on their impacts.
We also provide periodically a regulatory review which allows you to keep up with recent regulatory news.
Click below to read our regulatory selection & scroll down for additional news.
With SGSS, turn a constraint into an opportunity!
Analysis of key regulatory and standards initiatives
On-going regulatory initiatives
- AIFM Directive - Alternative Investment Funds Managers Directive
- BMR - Benchmark Regulation
- CBFD - Cross Border Fund Distribution
- CSDR - Central Securities Depositories Regulation
- DORA - European Digital Operational Resilience Act
- ELTIFs - European Long-Term Investment Funds
- EMIR Regulation - European Market Infrastructure Regulation/Derivative Products
- European Union Digital Finance Package
- ESAP - European Single Access Point Regulation
- EuVECA/EuSEF - Venture capital funds and social entrepreneurship funds
- IORP - Institutions for Occupational Retirement Provision
- MiCA - Markets in Crypto-Assets Regulation
- MIFID II/MIFIR - Markets in Financial Instruments Directive & Regulation
- MMFR - Money market funds Regulation
- Pilot Regime - Transitional regulatory framework to test the use of DLTs
- Post Trade - US T+1 - Settlement cycle shortened to T+1 in the US market
- PRIIPs Regulation - Packaged Retail and Insurance-based Investment Products
- Recovery & Resolution (for non banks)
- SFDR/Taxonomy - Green Finance Regulation
- SRD - Shareholder Rights Directive
- UCITS V Directive - Undertakings for Collective Investment in Transferable Securities
Other regulatory initiatives
- Collateral Directive
- Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act (Title VII)
- FATCA - Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act
- Finality Directive
- FTT - Financial Transaction Tax (France)
- LEI - Legal Entity Identifier CFTC Interim Compliant Identifier (CICI)
- MIFID I - Markets in Financial Instruments Directive I
- SFT - Securities Financing Transactions Regulation
- Shadow Banking
- Short selling - Regulation on Short selling and certain aspects of credit default swaps
- Solvency II Directive
- T2SProject - Target 2 Securities Project - CSD Settlement & Delivery Platform
- Harmonising settlement cycles at T+2
- UCITS I-IV Directive - Undertakings for Collective Investments in Transferable Securities I-IV
Quarterly regulatory overview
Retail Investment Strategy: A package for the retail investor
Last May, the European Commission adopted the Retail Investment Strategy (RIS), which aims to protect retail investors,...
Supervisory actions on fees and valuation of fund assets
Asset managers' processes must comply with ESMA's recommendations following its supervisory actions on the costs and...
ECMS Go Live should be rescheduled by several months
During the last Market Infrastructure Board (MIB) meeting on 27/28 September 2023, the ECMS (Eurosystem Collateral...
Publication of an AMF report on Private Equity
The French Financial Markets Authority (AMF) published a report on 11 September 2023 entitled "Private equity: state of...
The Corporate Sustainability Reporting Directive (CSRD) at a glance
In 2024, a new directive will come into force – the Corporate Sustainability Reporting Directive (CSRD). Signed on 21...
Fund liquidity risk management: a challenge for Asset Managers
In response to the AMF's requirements concerning liquidity management tools, Societe Generale Securities Services (SGSS)...
ELTIF 2: Opportunities to grasp for Asset Managers and investors
The new European Long-Term Investment Funds regulation (ELTIF 2 or ELTIF review) becomes applicable on 10 January 2024. ...
How are shareholders' rights strengthened?
The Shareholder Rights Directive II is a European legislation that defines the set of rules intended to strengthen the...
ESG – Voluntary vs. Regulatory? Both?
The implementation of sustainable finance and "green" investment objectives is gradual and entails a shift in mindset....
CSDR - SDR: 31 August 2024: End of CCPs' role in collecting penalties
Article 19 of Delegated Regulation 2018/1229 had entrusted CCPs* with the task of collecting (and redistributing) from...
What is the RAIF (Reserved Alternative Investment Fund)?
What is the RAIF? Discover the Reserved Alternative Investment Fund, its features, benefits and how it works.
Modernising Luxembourg's legislative framework for investment funds
A draft law presented in March 2023 by the Luxembourg Ministry of Finance was approved by the Chamber of Deputies on...
New Spanish market reform: all you need to know on the measures and upgrades
The Spanish settlement process will soon undergo another reform; Societe Generale Securities Services Madrid is...
CSDR Refit: The adoption of the text is imminent
The EU Council announced on 27 June that a provisional agreement had been reached between the Parliament and the Council...
The ISO 20022 format has just been adopted for electronic data interchange between financial institutions for Corporate...
Find out all about the Pilot Regime, designed to test the use of distributed ledger technologies (DLT) in market...
Discover "Gates": the liquidity management tool addressing liquidity risk, with Christian de Beaufort, Market...
Discover the AIFM and UCITS Directives latest updates with Marie-Claire de Saint-Exupéry, Senior Advisor Public Affairs...
Watch Jean-Pierre Gomez' interview on RAIF.
Watch Jean-Pierre Gomez' interview on SFDR.
The European settlement Finality Directive is currently under review. What is the original purpose of the directive?...