Flashnews: AIFMD Review: the process is ongoing
The process of the AIFMD review started on 10 January 2019 with the publication by the European Commission of KPMG report* on AIFMD.
Then, on 10 June 2020 the Commission issued its own report to the European Parliament and the Council on the application and scope of the AIFMD.
And on 18 August 2020 ESMA sent a letter to the Commission to recommend topics to include in this AIFMD review, here are some examples of topics addressed in those recommendations:
- Harmonisation of AIFMD and UCITSregimes
- Clarifications on delegation and substance (extent of delegation, applicable regime in case of delegation) and on the application of the proportionality principles in remuneration
- Improvement of the existing AIFMD reporting, with notably the incorporation of ESG data.
Next steps for the AIFMD review:
- A consultation from the Commission will be issued this Autumn 2020
- And then a legislative proposal amending AIFMD is expected in the course of 2021.
03 September 2020 : Article The settlement disciplines regime (CSDR): Destination 2022
26 August 2020: Article The settlement disciplines regime (CSDR): A likely short-lived date
28 July 2020: Article CSDR: Could the implementation of the future settlement discipline regime be pushed back by a year?
03 July 2020: Podcast CSDR: Get ready
05 March 2020: Article CSDR: The future settlement discipline regime