SGSS receives thirteen ratings from Global Custodian
SGSS has received thirteen ratings from Global Custodian magazine in its 2009 'Global Custody' and 'Agent Banks in Emerging Markets' surveys.
Societe Generale Securities Services (SGSS) has received thirteen ratings from Global Custodian magazine in its 2009 'Global Custody' and 'Agent Banks in Emerging Markets' surveys.
- Global Custody Survey
- Top rated $1-10 billion assets-in-custody
- Top rated Europe region
- Top rated Fund Managers
- Commended <$1 billion assets-in-custody
- Commended >$10 billion assets-in-custody
- Commended Institutional Investors
- Agent Banks in Emerging Markets Survey
- Domestic Top rated and Cross Border/Non affiliated Commended in Croatia
- Domestic Commended in Romania
- Domestic Commended in Russia
- Domestic Commended in the Czech Republic
- Domestic Commended in Egypt
- Leading Commended in Morocco
The Global Custody survey is based on client perceptions of the quality of services provided by their custodians. SGSS' overall score from fund managers has increased from last year regarding relationship management and client services, which were among the highest scores for SGSS. One fund manager paid tribute to the quality of the "relationship at all levels, proactivity, flexibility and excellent knowledge of the business." Institutional investors are most impressed with technology, which has also had a favourable impact on fund managers, with the migration of SGSS' Italian fund administration system onto Alfas, its single and integrated pan-European platform for fund administration. These ratings confirm SGSS' position as a leading player in Europe and its continued commitment both to institutional investors and fund managers.
The Agent Banks in Emerging Markets survey measures how clients perceive the quality of clearing & settlement and asset-servicing duties provided by the bank. In this edition, the professionalism and reliability of SGSS, together with its expertise and availability, were particularly appreciated by clients. These ratings clearly illustrate the growth and the quality of the services provided by SGSS in emerging markets.
Global Custodian is the leading magazine covering the international securities services business. The magazine is published 6 times a year and has a global readership. In both surveys:
- a Top rating is based on securing an average weighted score superior to the average weighted score for all providers in the survey in that category;
- a Commended rating is based on a mixture of scores, comments and other factors;
- a Leading rating is given by Leading Clients which are a select group drawn from all Cross Borders/Non Affiliated respondents to the survey, chosen for rating a minimum of 10 agent banks, or for their sophistication and knowledge, or both.
It is a longstanding rule that no provider can fall or rise by more than one rating category a year, making it impossible to rise from Not Rated or Unrated to Top Rated in a single year.