To keep abreast of the regulatory landscape, our public affairs team publishes regular updates on regulatory topics being prepared and already issued with in-depth analysis on their impacts.
We also provide periodically a regulatory review which allows you to keep up with recent regulatory news.
Click below to read our regulatory selection & scroll down for additional news.
With SGSS, turn a constraint into an opportunity!
Eric de Nexon's Regulatory Chronicle - January 2021
As I have done in previous years, I will dedicate this letter for the month of January to discussing the most important...
Regulatory changes in the Swiss market
New rules for cross-border financial services into the Swiss market. Asset Managers, along with other Financial Service...
Regulations & blockchain: the challenge of technological neutrality
The term "technological neutrality" is often used to say that the law cannot impose or even favor one technology over...
Flashnews: On the way to CSDR 2
Regularly announced for soon and long awaited, the consultation on a revision of CSDR was finally published by the...
The Romanian capital market becomes an emerging market
For the first time in history, the Romanian capital market has been included since September 21, 2020 in the Emerging...
Flashnews: Cleared derivatives: extension of exemption and Brexit
On 23rd of November 2020, ESMA published a proposal to amend the 3 delegated regulations detailing the clearing...
The role of the securities services provider in the path towards sustainability
ESG criteria are becoming more important for asset managers and asset owners’ business and for the financial world in...
Flashnews: CSDR & BREXIT
On 25 November 2020, the European Commission published a temporary decision (valid from 1 January 2021 to 30 June 2021)...
Flashnews: Uncleared derivatives: Yet another new text proposal
Risk mitigation techniques for uncleared OTC derivative contracts were declined in 2016, in Delegated Regulation...
Green finance: Regulation of financial market participants
In November 2019, the European Commission published Regulation (EU) 2019/2088 on sustainability‐related disclosures in...
General Meetings and challenges
Richard Roger, Head of the Issuer Services business line at Societe Generale Securities Services (SGSS), presents his...
PEPP: The pan-European personal pension product certified by the EU
Pan European Personal Pension Product certified by the EU: why such a product? Which providers will offer #PEPPs and...
Flashnews: Consultation on AIFMD review is launched
The process of the AIFMD review started on 10 January 2019 with the publication by the European Commission of KPMG*...
Flashnews: The settlement disciplines regime (CSDR): SDR 2022
A new step was taken on Friday, October 23, 2020. The European Commission has adopted the proposal made by ESMA to...
Main Market Initiatives
On-going Market Initiatives
- Main Market Initiatives - General Overview
- SRD - Shareholder Rights Directive
- IORP - Institutions for Occupational Retirement Provision
- MIFID II /MIFIR - Markets in Financial Instruments Directive & Regulation
- EMIR Regulation - European Market Infrastructure Regulation / Derivative Products
- T2SProject - Target 2 Securities Project - CSD Settlement & Delivery Platform
- CSDR - Central Securities Depositories Regulation
- AIFM Directive - Alternative Investment Funds Managers Directive
- UCITS V Directive - Undertakings for Collective Investment in Transferable Securities
- EuVECA/EuSEF - Venture capital funds and social entrepreneurship funds
- CBFD - Cross Border Fund Distribution
- PRIIPs Regulation - Packaged Retail and Insurance-based Investment Products
- BMR - Benchmark Regulation
- SFT - Securities Financing Transactions Regulation
Other Market Initiatives
- UCITS I-IV Directive - Undertakings for Collective Investments in Transferable Securities I-IV Directive
- MiFID 1 - Markets in Financial Instruments Directive 1
- SHORT SELLING - Regulation on Short selling and certain aspects of credit default swaps
- SOLVENCY II Directive
- T+2 - Harmonising settlement cycles
- LEI - Legal Entity Identifier CFTC Interim Compliant Identifier (CICI)
- FTT - Financial Transaction Tax (France)
- FATCA Legislation - Foreign Account Task Compliance Act Legislation
- DODD-FRANK ACT (Title VII)
- Shadow Banking
- MMFR - Money market funds Regulation
- ELTIFs - European Long-Term Investment Funds
- COLLATERAL Directive
- FINALITY Directive
- Recovery & Resolution (for non banks)
Watch Jean-Pierre Gomez' interview on SFDR.
The European settlement Finality Directive is currently under review. What is the original purpose of the directive?...
At the end of January 2021, AFTI (French Association of Securities Professionals) published a methodological guide for...
Watch Eric de Nexon's regulatory perspectives for 2021.
François Letondu, Head of macro-sector and macro-financial studies at Societe Generale, explains the concept behind...
ESMA recently published the French translation of its guidelines on liquidity stress testing for investment funds....
It was already a year ago that I dedicated my column to the CMU, the Capital Markets Union, which has been close to the...