Implementing regulation on Shareholder Rights Directive II
On 3 September 2018, the Commission adopted an implementing regulation (2018/1212/EU) with certain minimum requirements for implementation of SRD II’s provisions.
This implementing regulation specifies standardized formats and minimum content requirements for a number of documents including:
- requests to disclose information about a shareholder’s identity and responses to such a request
- notices of general meetings
- confirmations of entitlement to exercise shareholders’ rights at a general meeting and notices of participation by a shareholder at a general meeting
- the format of the confirmation of the receipt and recording and counting of votes at a general meeting
- the transmission of information specific to corporate events other than general meetings of shareholders
The Regulation also sets out deadlines to be complied with by issuers and intermediaries in corporate events and in shareholder identification processes, as well as minimum security requirements. The Regulation enters into force on 24 September 2018 and shall apply from 3 September 2020.